Saturday, June 12, 2010

Liquid Sunshine

The forecast for a rainy Saturday has proved to be true.  I love the way rain greens everything up, but we've been spoiled with many warm sunny days lately.  It has been wonderful being outside!

So it's off to the Computrainer in the basement, but the good news is that it could be a good thing for me to ride the Buffalo Springs Lake bike course.  I did the race last year, so I know what to expect.  Or do I?...like childbirth one tends to forget some of the worst moments as time passes.  My friend Dave suggested that pulling the computrainer into the sauna would be a good simulation of the Lubbock heat & humidity.  It is indeed impossible to train for the humidity out here in Colorado.  Which is perfect because the other big race I've picked out for the year is Ironman Louisville - ANOTHER super-humid venue.  What's a girl to do.

On tap for the entertainment/sanity during the ride...."Jerry McGuire" DVD, then I'll pull an old NBC video of  some random year of Ironman Hawaii.

Warren chose to flee the bad weather indoors at Flatirons Athletic Club with one of his favorite workouts, a 15 minute bike spin/5 minute run....repeated 5 times.  Sounds like a good workout that would be not too bad mentally because you get to switch things up often.  I've been wanting to try it.  But I always follow my coach's instructions to the letter.   I never skip a workout,  or change it - and follow directions just as precisely as I possibly can.  And today's instructions say 3-hour ride, so it's time to stop procrastinating - off I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment