Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm finally warm

We can safely say now that summer is finally here in Boulder, and it is, in a word, awesome!  When I was leaving the pool tonight, the air was warm and fresh.  The sun had gone down behind the mountains yet still illuminated them from behind.  Many Boulderites are now transporting themselves on two wheels instead of four whenever possible for the summer.  School is out and the neighborhood sounds include voices of kids happily enjoying their newly found freedom.

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a visiting professional triathlete here training for the summer.   We have taken in one of Australia's pros for the summer, and he's the perfect houseguest/live-in dogsitter.  It's going to be fun watching him race all over the world this year.  And he's agreed to teach me to play the guitar....so I can check off another item on the bucket list!

Training continues to go well - I'm following the plan, keeping the injuries at bay and feeling stronger all the time.  I'm also learning to keep my head and emotions in check and really focus my physical and mental energy, an important part of racing well that I have yet to master but I'm starting to get, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment