Sunday, June 20, 2010

Good News & Bad News

I raced the 5430 Sprint Triathlon today in Boulder and finished 4th in my age group, against what is always stiff competition on the Mecca of Triathlon.  The good news....I took over 5 minutes off my finish time in this race from 2009, and had the fastest run of my age group.  The bad news...my slow swim was once again the reason for a disappointing non-podium finish.  OMG.  I'm so tired of having decent bike and run splits being cancelled out by a crappy swim.  This is, after all, a triathlon, and riding and running well just doesn't get it done.

There's gotta be a way to fix this, or looks like I'm doomed to be a duathlete.

3 comments:

  1. Pam,

    I can totally relate to your frustration. I have great bike/run times but my swim is sub par. Usually the worst in my age group. It's embarassing. The swim is definitely holding me back from a top finish. Don't give up! Look at the positive. You took off a whole 5 mins! That's a huge improvement. Keep up the great work Pam. Oh, and way to rock the EB swimsuit. You go girl!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your results and thought "ROCK STAR!!!" but totally feel your pain swimming.... though I'll never be close to the podium, my swim places me near the end of my pack, as opposed to the the lower middle of the bell curve....

    Keep plugging along, there is probably one little thing that will adjust it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember you are always ahead of your husband!!

    ReplyDelete