Friday, October 8, 2010

Ready to Race!

Another short blog as it's almost time to try to get some sleep.


The race for which I've been training for the past four+ months will begin in about 11 hours.  I'm feeling good and know that I have done the work to prepare for it.  The goal now is to execute the race day plan, and make my way through the swim/bike/run wisely allocating energy while maintaining my best effort through a very long day.  Every Ironman race I've done has been good...yet this one already shines as something special even before it begins.


Today I went out on the Queen K highway where we'll be biking and running, and stacked rocks to honor Madame Pele.  Other Ironman veterans tell me it's a bit of a tradition to acknowledge the power and sanctity of the Island.  The wind was indeed blowing pretty steady out there, and may be the same or worse tomorrow.  Whatever the day brings, I am excited and ready - as always, drawn to that finish line.
Here's what I built.  It's hard to see....kind of blends into the background, but it's there. :-)


8:00...bedtime!  Alarm goes off at 3:30~!


Aloha, all!

2 comments:

  1. Gentle seas and a nice breeze on your back!
    #423 in your program #1 in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rev Vickie has put in her prayers! You are all set! Gary

    ReplyDelete