Saturday, September 4, 2010

Holiday Weekend

Holiday weekend - yay!  Erica came home from Austin today and it's so great having her home, though she now considers TEXAS her home.  :-)  She has become a Texas girl real quick!

Scotty is probably drowning his sorrows in Denver now after watching our CSU Rams get their butts kicked sadly today, by the team we'd most like to beat, Univ of CO.  Now we have to listen to all the big ego Buffalo fans in Boulder puff up even more, giving us the appropriate hard time.  S'alright.  We'll get them another year.  Scotty will be home tomorrow.

7 Mile ride tomorrow and my plan is to do at least half on it on my computrainer in the wee morning hours so that I can get it done as early as possible and still have some time with the whole family in the afternoon.  My friend Simon hooked me up with the "real course" Kona video, which allows you to see the actual course as if you are on your bike riding it on race day, complete with spectators, banners, signs and a real race-day feel.   So when that alarm goes off at 3:30am, no bailing on the plan.

Did a 2.4 mile open water swim today, almost 20 minutes faster than my Ironman swim PR.  That means that either
A)  I was REALLY slow before
B)  I'm really fast now
C)  I am improving my open water swim skills

The correct answers are A & C.  :-)  And one day, B will be true.

Looking forward to a neighborhood & friends gathering tomorrow night - I hear Margaritas may be served!  I b'lieve I might even have me one - or at least a glass or two of Pinot!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment