Friday, July 30, 2010

Giving Back

Next week I'm going to get the opportunity to meet with the director of the Boys and Girls Club in Ft Collins for which I'll be fundraising with my participation in the Hawaii Ironman, through the Janus Charity Challenge.  We'll be putting some plans in place, and hopefully coming up with some ideas that are creative, fun and bring in lots of dollars for the kids.

In the effort to juggle career, family, friends and Ironman training - balance is the goal and that's not always easy.  Every day I look at the training tasks and do my best to faithfully execute them.  Most days I do them willingly and with enthusiasm - but sometimes I go into them with residual fatigue from training and work the days before and too few hours sleep.  Even so,  when I remember to bring with me the gratitude for a healthy body, our active lifestyle here in Boulder, family and friends who support me and the opportunities that have been laid before me - it's easier to get out the door and get it done.

While all the time I spend on my training often feels quite self-absorbed and ego-centric, I love having the opportunity to give back through the Charity Challenge.  I'm looking forward to reaching out into the community and make some new connections in Fort Collins.

Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment